The Yongnuo YN660 flash is a manual only flash compatible with any camera that has a standard flash hotshoe.
It retails on Amazon for $75.99 USD (Amazon) and is a new design for Yongnuo. Like the 560 series before it, the YN660 is modeled after a Canon flash, this time the Canon 600 EX-RT.
Yongnuo YN-660 Features:
- Guide Number of 66 meters (216.5 feet)
- Full manual control down to 1/128 power in 1/3 stop increments
- Multi Stroboscopic mode
- Flash zoom range of 14mm – 199mm
- Manual zoom control available.
- Recycle time of 3 seconds when fired at max power.
- 2.4 ghz 16 channel radio built in
- Can control up to 6 groups as master in wireless system
- Compatible with Yongnuo 560 TX, RF 602, RF 603, and RF 605 Triggers
- Can work as master or slave with Yongnuo YN 560 III and YN 560 IV flashes
Check out the video for the full review
I used to be scared of my flash, and I understand how intimidating flash photography can be, but a flash is just a tool. Once you understand how that tool works you’ll be using your flash to create photos that used to seem impossible.
If you want to master your flash and take those amazing photos, check out my Understanding Flash Photography Video Course.