“How to Take Sharp Photos”: Tack Sharp Photos pt 3 of 3
After learning how to calculate depth of field in part one, and how to handle diffraction in part two, things get a little easier. We’re learning about how to choose the right shutter speed for sharp photos, tripods, cable releases and more.
STRING POD INSTRUCTIONS:
At the hardware store get:
1 – Larger washer
1 – Length of string as tall as you are
1 – 1.5″ 1/4-20 bolt
1 – 1/4-20 nut
2 – small washers that fit over the bolt
1. Tie the string to the big washer
2. Drop the washer to the floor and step on it
3. Pull the string tight up to your nose and mark that spot.
4. Put a washer on the bolt
5. Tie the string to the bolt at the nose mark
6. Put the other washer on the bolt
7. Put the nut on the bolt and tighten to pinch the knot between the washers
8. That’s it!
Your camera is an amazing tool, but it’s no good to you if you don’t know how to use it!
If you want to take control of your camera and use it to take amazing photos like a pro, check out my Guide to Shooting in Manual Mode video course.